Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where the Heck do I Live? You May Ask…

Good question!

I thought since it was raining today I should get on to some ‘house keeping’ blogging like telling you all where I live. Here is an overview map with bar harbor to the north:

My House

I live in George Dorr’s house, the ‘Father of Acadia’. Actually it is his summer cottage that survived the fire of 1947. It was built in the mid 1800’s and is a HUGE house. so here are the photos of the house

 

The Outside of the house:

StormBeachHouse-1

StormBeachHouse-2

StormBeachHouse-3

Our little yard, the sun screen is my roommate’s Adam; there is also a fire pit on the other side of the big boulder.

StormBeachHouse-4

this what you see when you walk in to the front door.

StormBeachHouse-5

to the immediate right is the kitchen:

StormBeachHouse-8

and to the left are the stairs:

StormBeachHouse-9

Up the stairs

StormBeachHouse-11

the rooms up stairs

-bathroom

StormBeachHouse-12

the empty bedroom

StormBeachHouse-14

The ladder up to the attic and the way back to my room. to the left of the ladder is Adam’s room and to the right is a sitting room right out side of my room

StormBeachHouse-15

My sitting room…or the room where the internet and phone sits.

StormBeachHouse-16

My Room

MyRoom_sm

these stairs are just outside my room and lead down to the kitchen

StormBeachHouse-26

So there you have it, Storm Beach House My domicile of the next four months. Well I am off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment