Sunday, June 7, 2009

Friday Fun!

Like I said in my last post I went out this morning and determined start points for Witch Hole raptor survey route. When i was done with that I headed out with a researcher who is looking at the intertidal zone. Specifically the disturbances that can occur within this zone. This includes Birds, Humans and the Tide. My job…watch birds! I couldn’t believe it when Bruce told me what i had to do. The researcher, Elliot, has to watch the area of concern from one hour before to one hour after low tide. two hours of bird watching and sitting on the coast, it was tortuous ;)

It was so much fun, that is pretty much what I did on Friday. Here are some photos.

One Other thing I saw while I was conducting the research… It makes me laugh every time I think about it, bird watching as research… I saw a seal out in the water. Its head was as big as the Great Black-backed Gull. It was really cool!

I plan on going hiking tomorrow. See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment