Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 1 & 2

The first day was long, wet and cold, but I had a blast! The day started out at 0700 and ended at 1630, Whew! I went electro-shocking for brook trout in Stanley Brook. There were about 12-14 people in the group of researchers that came to Acadia looking at sea running trout. They are asking questions surrounding if it is genetics or some other factor that makes a trout go to sea. It was all pretty interesting.

My first official job was to run buckets full of fish back and forth between the mobile measurement lab and where the fish were pulled from, later I was assigned to one of the teams and was permanent bucket boy for the day. the best way to describe what I did was this only with out the wig and I was wearing a pair of chest waders.

-- insert mel brooks photo here--

I wish i had photos of me in this get-up, I am sure I was stunning. I may be able to ask for some, I noticed a researcher taking some shots while i was in the creek. If not they will be back in September and I will have a small P-A-S (point-and-shoot) camera and will definitely get some shots.

Day 2 was the same as day one only we finished the sample site and I was promoted to netting by the end of the sample.

Well that is all I have for now. I am going to attempt to up load these posts tonight and to call Regina again.

I tried to call Regina earlier to see how the move was going and all i got was “I love you, it is pouring and it is lightening talk to you later.” So I hung up and bought some garlic a butter thing for the table and some storage containers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment